Well this is awkward… sort of like when you bump into someone you knew in high school but don’t keep in regular contact with and you ask how their other half is and then belatedly realise they split up six months ago…
I have been absent. I am sorry dear readers (if there are any of you out there!). Life has been ticking along and I’ve not really had anything earth shattering to say or blog about- I’ve not been in the field or (until very recently) been to any events or conferences to tell you all about. I’ve also been dealing with some personal life stuff.
I find a dichotomy opens up when I have real-life, not-for-sharing-on-the-internets stuff going I want to write lots, and frequently do, but it isn’t stuff I want to share here. I’m even self editing very consciously now, mindful of what I do or don’t say, if any hints I don’t feel comfortable with sharing have leaked through. This makes blogging hard; it stops being a chatty, slightly serious update on what’s new in the world of this particular girl and becomes an agonising exercise in self censorship. It feels like a very long time since I wrote a proper post but it probably isn’t!
I have some posts planned, some from memes that I have seen doing the rounds in the blogs I frequent and others to do with writing I am willing to share. For now, here is a snippety list of things I have done/ seen/ found out lately:
- Nottingham has changed a lot since I was last there but the new trams are cool
- Flesh eating beetles will get by on dog food when your forensic sciences colleagues don’t have any ‘real’ bodies to feed them on
- My Dad being home from hospital is a Very Good Thing ™ and (controversially) ECT seems to have helped
- I can go digging up at Yellowmead…
- … but not ’till October so it looks like I’m praying to the weather gods again
- There is a very small type of Tree Frog called a Phantasmal Tree Frog that secretes a substance ten times more powerful than morphine
- I miss the ACRG at Southampton University a lot
- I’m going to miss Cas terribly, but seeing as we interact most online hopefully not too much will change?
I’ve been battling with monsstrous writers block recently but have hopefully beaten it over the head with big sharp sticks so for now I’ll sign off and go and get on with some more work. I have photo’s to Flickr and lots of little posts planned so watch this space!
(see- I’m not dead, just been hibernating a bit!)